Thursday 11 June 2009

Extending G because of Zombies

'I'm in the latter."  Or not as the case may be.  It's a very enjoyable read, highly amusing to have a whole paragraph of Austen romance drivel (and I mean that incredibly affectionately) and then have it end with something along the lines of "Her intention was to follow him outside and open his throat!".

But...

After reading the first few chapters, there's nothing new.  You now know what Austen with zombie fight action will be like, and really you don't need to read the rest.  But I did.  And I enjoyed it.

So, because of 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' interrupting my revisit of  Alan garner (never read since my early teen years), G has been extended.  I am currently reading 'The Weirdstone of Brisingamen' and I have to say finding it a lot more complex, atmospheric and lyrical (there are some lovely sentences) than 'Elidor', which seems very simple in plot and construction, (but had fantastic Charles Keeping illustrations).  

Following 'Weirdstone', I have a copy of 'The Owl Service', never one of my favourites, but highly rated from what I have heard.  

Hopefully will post again soon, detailing earlier letters...

No comments:

Post a Comment