Tuesday 19 May 2009

A

The Challenge began July 2007, and if I'm honest got off to a bit of a shaky start.  No initial records were kept and so I have no idea (except for a few memorable books) of what I read.  Since then the way I go about the challenge has been tweaked and refined.

During the months of A I read a number of thrillers, none were anything amazing, and since I can't recall a title of any one of them can't have been that good!

In my notebook (which I started writing when on or finishing C) I have written, "Sci-fi/horror -also none of note.  Started, then stopped at least half a dozen books."

Indeed, it seems that A left very little impression on me, the "best of A" was Kingsley Amis's 'The Green Man', which I got out of the library because I recalled seeing a television adaptation of it in the early 90's (I think), which I enjoyed.

During A I also read most of a Peter Ackroyd historical novel, loosely based on the structure of Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales', called 'The Clerkenwell Tales'.  I read a good chunk of it, then gave up because as I noted (later on...), "...  got too bogged down and bored by uninspiring prose (though the idea and historical detail was good)."

And that was it for A.

No comments:

Post a Comment